Monday, July 7, 2008

Shad's Back


Just before we went to GROW (our church's visitation program) tonight, we pick up Shadrach from the airport. He flew to Florida to help Ben and Megan with their youth group at their camp. As usual, Shad came home with stories of eating at Sonny's Barbecue (a Jennings family favorite). He loves to rub that in...as do I when I can get it. We usually call each other if one of us gets to a Sonny's, and the conversation usually starts, "Guess where I am eating right now?" It's brutal to be on the receiving end of that call.

It is really a blessing to me to see the men that my boys have grown into. Ben and Megan are doing a great job in full time ministry in Port Charlotte. Ben is so full of passion and is really learning to practice the nuts and bolts of the ministry. Megan is a real partner in the ministry, and they are making a difference in a lot of lives.

It was pretty awesome to hear Shad recount the week at camp, telling stories and laughing out loud about funny stuff that happened, sharing spiritual results. While he is not in vocational ministry, his heart is revealed in the way he serves, doing whatever needs to be done to help the Lord's work progress.

I couldn't be more proud of them all!

Of course, when we got home from GROW, Shad just had to beat me in a game of Wii baseball. But I don't mind. I got to play it with him. That won't always be an option. And less and less as life goes on. Just ask Ben.

1 comment:

Eric Evans said...

I found it - love to read these things. I know what you mean about the kids - just a moment I need a kleenex -------- I'm back. Erica is speaking this week at her church, just reasons to be proud.